Monday 6 May 2013

BUZZ Playlists - 'Summer Lovin''



The sun has been totally inspiring me lately; it's blown away the cobwebs and given me some much needed get-up-and-go in regards to life in general, and has proven slightly distracting in regards to getting my uni work done - I would much rather be hanging outside in the sun with my friends and boyfriend!

I find that there are some bands and artists that I can only listen to in summertime, bands whose music just encapsulates the essence of the season. In winter, I tend to listen to loud electronic or rock music - though I must say that Tame Impala's psychedelia seems to work just as well in snowy climes as it does in this heat! However, in summer, I just want to dance, sing and chill (and eat BBQ food!), and for that I need happy music; and this is where this playlist comes in! 'Summer Lovin' takes us through transitions of psychedelia, low-fi, electronic, ska and more and is pretty much what has been making the (slightly sluggish) cogs of my brain turn this week. The playlist includes bands such as Tame Impala, Best Coast, No Doubt, Grimes, Peace, Blondie, Queens of the Stone Age and Haim plus loads more, so if you're ready to embrace summer with your clammy mitts - check it out and tell me what you think!

Do you like the 'Summer Lovin' playlist? What music makes you think of summer? Would you like to see more features like this in future?


No comments:

Post a Comment