Thursday 4 April 2013

New Waves.. Charli XCX - 'What I Like'


Oh yes! - Take a look; it's Charli XCX time again!

The electro-pop starlet is back with the second single from her forthcoming debut album, True Romance (April 16th - not long to wait now, folks!) entitled 'What I Like'. The accompanying video, which was shot of a handheld camera, sees Charli and her friends partying in a hotel, whilst the song, I am glad to report, is in my opinion superior to her previous single, 'You (HA HA HA)', which I found a tad lacklustre lyrically, though I loved the Gold Panda sample. 

'What You Like' starts with a building frenzy of dance beats before climaxing and abating into the uber chilled out chorus, with Charli semi-rapping through the verses in her signiature manner about young love and lazy days (spent smoking who-knows-what, if we're judging from this), stating 'You were like the medicine, the medicine, I wanted more'.

Yeah, so do we Charli!

The release date for 'What I Like' is as of yet unconfirmed. 
True Romance is released April 16th.


No comments:

Post a Comment