Friday 18 January 2013

New Waves.. Peace - 'Wraith'


I know, I know, the latest Peace single has been floating around the blogosphere/cyberspace since approximately November, but it finally got its official release last Sunday, and having it ready for my repeatable disposal has left me suitably obsessed enough to write a review.

'Wraith' itself is a beaut of a tune. I admit, a had practically dismissed Peace after hearing the opening of 'Bloodshake' - I did not require a new Friendly Fires! - but upon seeing the accompanying video for 'Wraith', I turned back and scouted out all of their other songs.

It's official; I love them! The only downside to finding a new band to fawn over (I've been lacking a new favouritist band ever for what feels like, well, forever), is the lack of material to satisfy my appetite  but alas, an EP and 2 singles shall have to suffice til the album is out later this year, and Peace are in my opinion, unlike NME's chosen flavour of the year; Palma Violets, worth all the fuss.

Peace manage to straddle the pop vs. indie crossover fence perfectly, and 'Wraith' encapsulates this, and with a video odd enough to keep you watching til the end, albeitone that is totally and utterly sexist and objectifying (TWERK GALORE!- yes, you read right). I can't help but value the song 10,000x more than the video itself. Despite this, make sure that you check it out above, they're gonna be huge :)

'Wraith' and last  year's Delicious EP are both available now.

http://peaceforeverever.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/peaceforeverever
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-a-c-e

No comments:

Post a Comment